Many educators who leave their positions state that they did so because they felt a lack of support from administrators. An employee recognition program is a way to counter that – to let your staff know that you respect and appreciate their hard work. It’s saying to your employee “I notice what you’re doing, and thank you.” It’s a simple acknowledgement, and, more often than not, it doesn’t cost anything other than your time.
Recognizing your employees will also deepen their feelings of connection and engagement to your district, and this, in turn, can lead to improved retention rates.
Other benefits of an employee recognition program include:
- happier and more engaged employees,
- improved organizational morale,
- lower absenteeism and stress levels,
- increased productivity,
- a positive impact on your reputation as a top employer and
- recruitment and onboarding cost-savings as you do not need to replace as many employees.
Learn about two easy ways to recognize your employees.