Francophone Mobility Program
The Francophone Mobility program is for skilled workers destined for work outside the province of Quebec. The Canadian Embassy in Paris coordinates this program.
Any skilled occupation in NOC levels 0, A or B, which includes:
- Speech language pathologists
- Citizen of a French-speaking country (such as France, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Haiti, Morocco, etc.)
- Any skilled occupation in NOC level 0, A or B
- Employee meets the minimum education and experience requirements for the occupation as set out in the NOC description
- The employee has a job offer from a Canadian employer located outside of the province of Quebec, for either contract or ongoing employment
1. The employer emails the Canadian Embassy in Paris (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following attachments:
- A copy of the employee’s passport identification page
- Offer letter with salary and benefits information
- Job description, including job duties and requirements
The Embassy will respond by email; if the initial application is approved, you will be provided with the approval and instructions instructions on next steps in the process.
2. The employer completes and submits the LMIA-exempt Offer of Employment in the Employer Portal, along with a payment of the $230 employer compliance fee. This will generate an Offer of Employment number, which is required for the work permit application.
3. The employee must submit a work permit application to the Canadian Embassy in Paris through any of these methods:
- Online through a MyCIC account
- Through a Visa Application Centre
- By mail directly to the Embassy
The application includes forms and supporting documents, including the e-Medical information sheet if applicable.
4. The Embassy will issue the work permit approval letter and the actual work permit document is issued upon entry to Canada.
The Canadian Embassy’s processing time varies based on the volume of applications. On average, the processing time has been approximately four to six weeks.
- $230 employer compliance fee
- $155 work permit fee